We’ll work to make sure your new hearing aids provide:
- Improved speech understanding, even in moderately noisy environments like the car and in restaurants
- Easier communication at a distance, including across the room, in a classroom, or a lecture setting
- Little to no whistling, squealing, or feedback
- Comfort that allows you to wear them most waking hours without thinking much about them
- Improved quality of life
- Effortless listening: soft speech should be audible, conversational speech should be comfortable, and loud speech should be tolerable
The decision to get hearing aids is very personal. It’s often something you will probably think about for a long time before taking action. Once you do make the decision to move forward, the process of fitting and programming hearing aids is custom tailored to you. We offer Real Ear testing at fitting to ensure the best possible results. This is not something that can be purchased “off the rack” to deliver optimum results.
In fact, in almost all 50 states it’s actually illegal to purchase hearing aids through the mail. These laws are in place because if the hearing aids are inappropriately programmed or fit, you can actually make your hearing loss worse! For most people, getting new hearing aids will involve three to five in-office appointments. After that, you can expect to have routine checkups every six to 12 months to ensure your hearing aids are working at their peak efficiency.
Call Audiology Center Northwest at (503) 232-1845 for more information or to schedule an appointment.